Most people know that massage therapy can address tension and stress. Many people don’t know that it can be very effective therapy for other issues such as insomnia, pain, low back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, anxiety, high blood pressure, recovery from sports or muscle injuries, muscle spasms, headaches, migraines and circulation problems just to name a few.
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage was one of the earliest remedial practices for relief of pain and for restoration of proper and healthy body function. It is a natural and instinctive method for relief of aches and pains, fatigue and nervous tension.
What is Medical Massage?
Medical Massage is result oriented and the treatment is specifically directed to resolve conditions that have been diagnosed and prescribed by a Physician. The therapist may use a variety of modalities or procedures during the treatment, but will focus the Medical Massage treatment only on the areas of the body related to the diagnosis and prescription. The Medical Massage Therapist encourages communication and guidance from your Physician, Physical Therapist and/or Chiropractor.
Medical Massage is prescribed by Physicians for Specific injury and/or physical conditions.
Requires Prescription from doctor.
Some treatments may be covered by your insurance.
What are the benefits of Medical Massage Therapy?
- Releases tight and sore muscles which can cause Ischemia (Ischemia: A lack of blood supply to soft tissues.)
- Helps relieve nerve compression or entrapment. (Pressure on a nerve by soft tissue, cartilage or bone, which can contribute to muscle atrophy, referred pain, and conditions.)
- Deactivates Myofascial Trigger Points (Trigger Points: Areas of high neurological activity, which refer pain to other parts of the body.)
- 4. Decreases Pain And Inflammation: Massage can restore suppleness and strength to your muscles, improving their overall function.
- Alleviates Stress and Improves Circulation.
- 6. Increases Flexibility And Range Of Motion.
- Calms The Nervous System: The nervous system is your communication network, sending messages constantly that determine proper functioning throughout your body. Stress can affect the ability of the nervous system to do its job. The many nerve endings found in the skin and muscles are soothed by massage, and this contributes to keeping your internal lines of communication open and operational.
- Improves Posture And Coordination.
As powerful as Medical Massage Therapy can be, in certain cases it may be contraindicated. Please consult with your physician or health care provider to determine the appropriate treatment protocol.
The most common conditions treated by Medical Massage Practitioners
1 hr massage $55.00
1/2 hr massage $25.00
Chair massage $1.00 per minute
Reflexology $40.00 per session
If you are a health care worker, police officer, firefighter, EMT or servicing in our armed forces, I want to for your give you $10.00 off your 1 hour massage or $5.00 off your 1/2 hour massage. This is my way of saying THANK YOU! for all your doing for us.
Just let me know when we make your appointment.
call 704-267-4173 or
e-mail TeachEssentialOils@gmail.com for an appointment